So, the festive period is over, yeah? And it sure was the sales period but what next afterwards?
In a world filled with marketing activities and an individual faced with an average of a thousand ads in a day, it’s a no brainer that offering holiday discount works but might not help you retain first time customers as a business owner. The bugging question remains how do you convert your holiday shoppers to loyal customers?
As a business owner, you look forward to the last quarter of the year; from Black Friday to Christmas sales, you experience an increase in sales! I mean, who doesn’t like money. Most times, we are thrilled with acquiring customers during the holiday season that we tend to forget that customer’s retention is much more important to your business long term success.
What strategies should be in place to retain first-time shoppers? Stick with me, I will share ways you can convert your first time Shoppers to Repeat Clients!
Here’s how to Convert your Shoppers to Repeat Clients
1. Provide a good customer service: First impression goes a long way; your customers want to be addressed in a polite and special way. Don’t just stop at impressing them, go the extra mile of treating them well. Also give precise product recommendation on a person-to-person basis so you can easily convert first time shoppers to repeat clients.
Pro Tip: create a unique thank you card for your customers and include your social handles or send a virtual thank you card to their mail, which leads to the next point.
2. Create an Email list: It’s possible for people who have purchased from you to buy again especially when they’re pleased, that’s why you should ensure to keep communication flow with them. Bring them to date with promos and updates around your product.
Pro Tip: Have an automated email to help you create the top-of-mind awareness; even when they don’t get to open your mail, you keep them aware of your brand every time they check their mail
3. Keep track of previous purchase habit: Once you can understand customers previous purchase, you have a better insight on what they might likely get in the future and data like this contributes to your sales as it helps you map out a sales program
4. Run strategic Reward: Running promos are a great way to making more sales. However, you must be strategic.
Pro Tip: Offer a greater incentive to kickstart the new year or send a ‘thank you’ email and attach a reward/ offer.
5. Follow up religiously: After providing your services follow up to ask for feedback, bring them up to date as to what they should expect from you. Create a deeper level of connection by creating genuine relationship with them from follow ups.
Now that you have a better insight on how to retain your holiday shoppers, go on and smash the sales!
You can hire competent and vetted professionals on TERAWORK to help you handle all your marketing activities